Patriotic White Chocolate Fudge
- 3 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tbsp) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, no white bitter pith
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups premium white chocolate chips
- Blue food color/paste*
- Red food color/paste*
- Press 2 sheets of plastic food wrap on a 9x13-inch cookie sheet, ensure an overhang of plastic. Add a drop of oil on the plastic and spread it evenly over the plastic and set aside.
- With the exception of white chocolate chips, combine all ingredients in a large saucepan. On medium heat stir to a boil using a heat-resistant spatula.
- Once boiling keep stirring for 5 more minutes retaining a low simmering boil. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour enough fudge in measuring cup to obtain 2 1/8 cup. Add a few drops of blue color and stir to blend evenly. Pour immediately onto prepared cookie sheet and spread evenly using an offset spatula. Place in the refrigerator or freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Measure another 2 1/8 cup of fudge and do not color it. Set this fudge in a pan with hot water to keep it warm and soft.
- Once fudge that was stored in refrigerator feels slightly set, pour white fudge on top and spread evenly. Place in fridge or freezer until nearly set.
- Add a few drops of red food color to the remaining fudge in the saucepan and slightly reheat while stirring until it is soft and warm (but make certain that it does not boil).
- Once red fudge is pourable again, pour onto white fudge layer and spread evenly. Place in the refrigerator.
- Wait at least 4 hours before cutting or wait till the next day.
- Pull fudge out pan by grabbing the edges of plastic. While cutting try not to cut through plastic, otherwise you will have to remove plastic from each piece. Cut in squares or cut in any shape desired.
*It is important to use paste food coloring as liquid food coloring will make the fudge too soft.