Peanut Butter Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pint fresh blackberries, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- For pancakes, preheat a pancake griddle to 325°F-350°F.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add egg, milk, peanut butter, oil, and melted butter. Mix until batter forms.
- Brush melted butter on griddle and scoop 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- For blackberry syrup, whisk together sugar and water in a saucepan until sugar has dissolved.
- Add blackberries and stir. As berries soften, use a fork or potato masher to crush berries.
- Bring mixture to a boil and allow to continue boiling without stirring for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Create a slurry with lemon juice and cornstarch and add to berry syrup.
- Return mixture to medium heat and stir 2-3 more minutes until thickened.
- Pour over pancakes while warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Ashton Swank @keatseats.