Peach Barbecue Glaze
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped shallots
- 3 ripe peaches or 1 bag frozen peaches
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan heat oil and add shallots. Sauté until golden brown.
- Add peaches, can of tomatoes and ginger and stir over heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, vinegar and orange juice concentrate. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes until reduced.
- Once reduced, remove from heat. Transfer to a bowl and make into a puree using a stick blender or transfer to a blender and process until smooth. Adjust with salt and pepper if desired.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Leave as breast pieces or cut in pieces and fit on a skewer. Place on medium heated grill and grill evenly.
- Once chicken is nearly, done brush generously with peach glaze and cook for a few minutes more until glaze becomes sticky. Serve as desired.