Peach Blackberry Coffee Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 (6 ounce) container blackberries, cut in half or thirds
- 1 cup fresh peaches, diced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 5 teaspoons milk
- Blackberries and diced peaches, if desired
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Create a hole in center of dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, extract, half and half, and melted butter to hole and mix until a soft batter comes together.
- Spread cake batter in prepared pan. Top with blackberries and peaches.
- In another bowl combine all topping ingredients until large crumbs form. Sprinkle crumb topping over fruit and batter.
- Bake for 43-44 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs on it. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle over cooled cake.
- Serve with extra blackberries and diced peaches, if desired.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jocelyn Brubaker @InsideBruCrewLife.