- 1 bag (16 oz) (454 g) frozen peaches, or use very ripe peeled peaches
- 2 1/4 cups (270 g) all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (Vietnamese preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (169 g) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 cup (200 g) Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup (180 g) pecan or walnut pieces
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 package (8 oz) (226 g) cream cheese, soft at room temperature
- 2/3 cup (80 g) Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (80 g) pecan or walnut halves
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Only 3/4 of a bag (390 g) of peaches will be used. Defrost peaches and cut each peach wedge crosswise into about 5-6 pieces. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Line a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Adding a tiny bit of oil to pan will make the parchment paper stick better. Set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, mix soft butter and sugar until light and creamy. If needed, heat sides of bowl with a hairdryer to obtain a creamy mixture.
- Add eggs one at a time, waiting for previously added egg to be fully incorporated and scraping the bowl in between additions. Once last egg is added, mixture may look slightly curdled. Add vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients in one step and blend just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Add peaches and nuts and mix until combined.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and place in oven on middle rack. Bread will have a tendency to turn dark. After 35 minutes of baking, gently drape a sheet of aluminum foil over the surface of bread.
- Bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean or an inserted thermometer reads 200°F, about 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- To prepare cream cheese frosting, using a handheld rubber spatula, mix soft cream cheese with powdered sugar. Add vanilla extract.
- Spread on top of cooled bread. Decorate with nuts, if desired.
- Bread will increase in tenderness the next day.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments