Peach Bread Pudding
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 9 cups dry Hawaiian bread or any sweet style bread cut into 1 inch cubes*
- 2 large ripe yellow peaches, sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon for sprinkling Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Grease an 8x8 baking tray with 1 tablespoon butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, peaches, and raisins. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, granulated sugar, and salt and toss to combine.
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, cream, 5 tablespoons butter, and brown sugar and heat on low until butter is melted.
- Pour milk mixture over bread cubes and gently fold through until well combined.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk eggs and vanilla and add to bread mixture until soaked through.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle last 1 tablespoon of brown sugar on top of pudding and place in oven. Bake for 45 minutes and bread pudding is golden brown on top.
- Serve with caramel sauce or whipped cream.
Dixie Crystals Insight
*If the bread is soft, place the cubes on a cookie sheet and bake in an oven for 10 minutes until slightly toasted before using.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Gerry Speirs @Foodness Gracious.