Peach Hand Pies
Peach Hand Pies
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Add peaches, sugar, corn starch, lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt to a large bowl. Let sit for 15-20 minutes to draw out peach juices.
- Strain juice from peaches over a medium saucepan. Set peaches aside.
- Cook peach juices over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until thickened and translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract, reserved peaches and any additional accumulated juices. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Roll out pie dough on a lightly floured surface until approximately 1/8-inch thick. Cut out large circles using a large round cutter.
- Spoon 1-2 tablespoons pie filling into center of each circle of pie dough. Fold dough over and press with tines of a fork to seal. Transfer to baking sheets. Repeat with remaining pie dough and filling.
- Whisk egg and cold water in a small bowl. Brush each hand pie with egg wash using a pastry brush. Cut a slit in top of each hand pie to vent.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown on top. Remove from oven and cool before enjoying.
- Whisk powdered sugar, heavy cream, and almond extract to form optional glaze. Add more cream as needed to get the desired consistency. Brush the glaze onto the cooled hand pies with a pastry brush and let sit for 30 minutes to set up before enjoying.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.