Peach Praline Pie
- 1 store-bought pie crust or Pure Butter Pie Crust
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 4 cups peaches, peeled and sliced (if frozen, thaw completely)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare pie crust in 9-inch pie plate or thaw frozen crust. Keep in fridge.
- In large bowl, combine sugar and flour. Add peaches and vanilla and mix to combine. Set aside.
- To make praline topping, combine brown sugar, flour, and chopped pecans. Pour melted butter over pecan mixture and stir with fork to combine.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of pecan mixture evenly over bottom of prepared crust. Spoon peach mixture over and top with remaining pecan mixture.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the center of pie is bubbly. Place a sheet of aluminum foil loosely over the top of pie if it begins to brown too quickly.
- Cool completely before slicing.
This classic recipe first appeared in the Homemade Good News Cookbook Vol. VIII.