- 1 cup frozen or fresh peaches
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, very cold
- 1/2 cup sour cream or 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 385°F. Cut peaches in about 1/4-inch pieces and set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, sugar, and salt.
- Grate butter (as you would cheese) on large holes of a grater directly onto flour mixture. Rub mixture briefly between your palms to brake butter into pea size pieces.
- Whisk together cream, egg, and vanilla and pour into above. Add peaches and pecans and mix with hands just until dough forms. Do not mix until all butter pieces have blended in. Pieces of butter are desired as they will create light and delicious scones.
- Press dough into an 11 X 4-inch log. Cut into about 8-9 triangles and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Brush with water and sprinkle with a little granulated sugar.
- Place in oven until golden, about 17-20 minutes or until edges are browned.
- For the icing whisk together powdered sugar, water, and vanilla and drizzle onto scones.