Peaches & Cream Coffee Cake
- Coffee Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups fresh peaches, peeled and diced
- Streusel Topping
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 - 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray an 8-inch springform pan, or square baking pan, with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a 2 cup liquid measuring cup, mix together oil, milk, and egg. Add to flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Fold in peaches. Set aside.
- Prepare topping: In a small bowl use fingers to combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter until it becomes the texture of coarse sand.
- Spread cake batter in pan. Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over cake. Bake 25-30 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Remove coffee cake from oven and let cool. After 10 minutes run a knife around edges and remove from pan.
- Meanwhile prepare glaze by mixing powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla together until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Drizzle glaze over coffee cake to serve.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.