Peanut Brittle Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted Spanish peanuts
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick cooking oats, not instant
- 1 cup corn flakes
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Scatter peanuts on a cookie sheet and place in the oven until light golden and fragrant, about 10-15 minutes. Let completely cool.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time and scrape in between. Add vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and add in one step to above. Mix briefly. Add oatmeal, corn flakes and cooled peanuts. Mix until just combined.
- Scoop batter with a small ice cream scoop or spoon into even rounds. Place on a parchment lined or buttered cookie sheet, allowing space for spreading.
- Bake until light golden brown, cookies will obtain a brittle appearance.
The classic peanut cookie filled with crunchy peanuts and butter.