Peanut Butter Cake
Peanut Butter Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk, room temperature
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup Reese’s Pieces, optional topping
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix with a fork or whisk. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine softened butter, vegetable oil, and granulated sugar. Starting on low, gradually increase speed to medium-high and mix for 2-3 minutes until well combined.
- Turn mixer to low. Add peanut butter and vanilla extract, mixing until thoroughly incorporated. Next, add eggs, one at a time, and mix well between each addition. Gradually add buttermilk, beating until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to bowl and mix until just combined and no more dry flour is seen. Be careful not to over mix. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into middle of cake comes out clean. Once cake is done baking. Remove from oven and allow to fully cool before frosting.
- For frosting, using a clean mixing bowl and hand mixer, cream butter, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and salt together.
- Add half powdered sugar to mixture. Add 1 tablespoon milk and combine. Add rest of powdered sugar. Gradually increase speed of mixer from low to high. Mix frosting together for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. If icing is too thick, you can add remaining 1 tablespoon of milk.
- Spread frosting over fully cooled cake and sprinkle top with Reese’s Pieces if desired. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments