Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add butter and peanut butter into bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed for 1 minute, or until smooth and combined.
- Add both sugars and beat for 2 minutes until pale in color and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add in egg and vanilla and continue mixing for 45 more seconds until combined and smooth.
- Add in cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix for an additional few seconds until combined.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until dough comes together. Stir in chocolate chips evenly.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (2 tablespoons) scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet, placing scoops 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes until they are golden at edges.
- Remove pan from oven and allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store airtight for up to 3 days at room temperature
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.