Peanut Butter Swirled Brownies
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Dash of salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt both chocolates and butter until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Blend peanut butter with sugar. Add milk, egg, and salt and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Gradually add honey and vanilla to beaten eggs into fully incorporated. Add to chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Whisk flour and baking powder together. Add to chocolate mixture and stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour half of brownie mixture into prepared pan. Spoon peanut butter on top of brownies, then top with remainder of brownies. Using a knife, swirl peanut butter and chocolate to create a pattern.
- Place pan in oven and bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Cool in pan. Lift from pan by parchment paper and cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.