Pear Ginger Jam
- Place sugar in a saucepan large enough to hold pears.
- Peel pears and cut in quarters. Remove core and cut each quarter in 4 lengthwise slices. Cut crosswise to obtain cubes.
- Mix with sugar and place in refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Place on stove and bring to a boil while stirring with a firm whisk or heat resistant spatula.
- Once boiling turn to medium high to ensure that mixture boils in a steady pace.
- In just about 8-10 minutes jam will thicken and remove from heat.
- Pour in a jar and keep refrigerated.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Keep refrigerated and use within 2 weeks.