Pear Glazed Ham
- 2 (15 oz) halved pears in 100% juice
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1 (8 to 10 pound) spiral sliced smoked ham, precooked
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place ham in roasting dish, set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat, combine pears (with juice), dark brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, pepper and all spice. Bring to a low boil for 10 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Slowly pour the pear mixture on top of the ham. Cover with foil and place ham in oven.
- Cook for a total of two hours, basting the ham every 30 minutes.
- Let ham rest for 15 minutes, then serve.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments