Pecan Blueberry Bread
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 1/4 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350F°.
- Lightly grease two 7.5 x 3.5” loaf pans. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, sour cream, oil and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Stir in sugar followed by flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add blueberries with two tablespoons of flour. Toss them around so all blueberries are covered with a thin layer of flour. This will prevent them from sinking to bottom as bread bakes.
- Add floured blueberries and pecans to batter, gently folding them in.
- Divide batter between two pans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove pans from oven and cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before removing bread from pans.
- Cool loaves completely before slicing them.
- If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw them before adding to batter.
- If you’d rather not add the pecans, use only 1/2 cup oil. Bake as directed.
- If you do not have two 7.5 x 3.5” loaf pans, you can use one 9 X 5” loaf pan. Bake bread for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Roxana Yawgel at a TrEATS Affair.