Pecan Crescent Cookies
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine pecan pieces and flour. Mix until pecans are in tiny pieces. Set aside.
- Mix butter until creamy (do not mix until fluffy). Add powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Once well blended, add flour/pecan mixture and mix until just combined.
- Scoop into 1 tablespoon-size balls. Roll balls into a 2.5-inch log and press on ends to form a tapered end.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet and bake until edges are lightly golden, about 16-18 minutes.
- Immediately sprinkle with confectioners sugar and let cool.
- Cookies will stay fresh for several days if stored in an airtight container.