Pecan Orange Cinnamon Slab
- Pure Butter Pie Crust
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Orange zest from one large orange, no white bitter pith
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur, Cognac or Brandy, optional
- 4 cups pecan pieces
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- Fresh orange zest
- Pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 15 x 10-inch pan with parchment and set aside.
- On a large sheet of lightly floured parchment paper, roll dough large enough to cover entire pan, including sides. If dough gets sticky while rolling, return it to the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes. Once rolled, press dough into pan, ensuring it covers all sides and corners fully. Trim overhanging dough and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat butter just until melted. Do not boil. Remove from heat and stir in sugars. Add corn syrup, vanilla, salt, orange zest, and cinnamon.
- Whisk in eggs and to combine. Add liqueur.
- Scatter pecan pieces evenly over rolled pie dough. Reserve pecan halves.
- Pour 2/3 of filling over pecan pieces. Layer pecan halves. Using a ladle, pour remaining filling over pecan halves.
- Place pan in oven and after 15 minutes lower heat to 325°F. Bake until center is set and no longer trembles, about 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan. Garnish with additional pecan pieces and fresh orange zest, if desired.
- Cut into bars and serve. Store airtight for up to 3 days.