Pecan Pie Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
Pecan Pie Praline Topping
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cream of tartar. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg yolks, honey, vanilla, and lemon extract.
- Add flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Using a 2 tablespoon scoop, place dough 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the cookies are set and edges begin to brown.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, add both sugars and evaporated milk to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in pecans and butter. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Spoon pecan praline over cooled cookies. Add a generous amount of pecans to each cookie and go back to add more praline until you’ve used all of the sauce.
- Let sit room temperature until completely set.