Pecan Pie Tart with Praline Cream
- 9-inch packaged refrigerated pie crust
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs + 1 yolk
- 1/4 + 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 + 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 to 1 cup pecan halves
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate for garnish (optional)
- Praline Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons praline liqueur
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Roll pie crust into a rectangle shape and press into a greased 13 x 4-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Trim excess pastry and discard. Prick bottom with a fork several times. Cover with parchment paper and add pie weights or dried beans and bake at 450° F for 5 minutes. Remove parchment and weights and cook an additional 3 minutes. Remove to cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, blend the cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. With mixer on low add 1 egg and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and mix just until incorporated. Pour mixture into baked pie crust and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pot over medium high heat combine 1/2 cup sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt and stir constantly until sugar is completely dissolved and butter is melted. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add remaining egg and yolk to a medium bowl and beat lightly with a fork. After corn syrup mixture has cool slightly temper the eggs by adding a small amount of corn syrup mixture to eggs beating constantly. Add a little more the same way only using small amounts of hot mixture so the eggs don't begin to cook and repeat the process until both egg and corn syrup mixture are combined. Gently pour over cream cheese mixture. Wait about 5 minutes and arrange pecan halves on top. Bake for 45 minutes on 325° F.
- If garnishing with chocolate drizzle place chocolate in a zip top bag in a bowl of very hot water until melted. Snip tip off one end of the bag and drizzle onto tart.
- For Praline Cream: With an electric mixer beat cream, liqueur and sugar until soft peaks form. Serve with tart.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Christy Landry @myinvisiblecrwn.