Pecan Spicy Candied Bacon
- 1-pound thick sliced bacon, about 15-20 slices
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- Black pepper, as desired
- Chipotle spice or chili powder, as desired
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place bacon strips on a baking sheet and place in oven. After 15-20 minutes flip bacon upside down. Bake until nearly crisp.
- Using paper towels dab away the majority of fat from the sheet.
- Sprinkle on both sides with brown sugar, black pepper, spices and pecans.
- Return to oven and after about 5 minutes flip bacon upside down and bake until sugar has melted and bacon is crisp, about 5-10 additional minutes.