- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon milk
- Pink gel color, if desired
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Beat butter, sugar, and extracts until creamy.
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, and salt. Slowly beat into butter mixture.
- Refrigerate dough 60 minutes, or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Roll dough into 24 even balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and flatten slightly with palm of hand.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Bottoms should be slightly light brown. Remove from oven and let cool on pan 2-3 minutes.
- Place on wax paper and let cool completely.
- Stir together glaze ingredients. Divide glaze into two bowls. Add pink color to one bowl.
- Spoon on cooled cookies and spread out slightly. Top with crushed candy canes, if desired.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jocelyn Brubaker @InsideBruCrewLife.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments