Pineapple Mojito Popsicles
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra-Fine Granulated Sugar
- 8 mint leaves, lightly muddled
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup rum
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime, divided
- 4 pineapple slices (halved)
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons rum
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, add water and heat for about 90 seconds. Carefully remove bowl from microwave and immediately add granulated sugar and stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, lightly muddle 6 mint leaves. Add one tablespoon of simple syrup mixture, pineapple juice, rum, lime juice, and half of lime zest. Stir together.
- Add a pineapple slice half to each of popsicle molds. Re-stir mojito mixture then divide liquid and mint between popsicles molds. Carefully place in a level area of the freezer and freeze for 90 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add drained crushed pineapple, rum, remaining one tablespoon of simple syrup mixture, and remaining lime zest. Store mixture in a refrigerator until it is time to add popsicle sticks.
- Once popsicles have been in the freezer for 90 minutes, remove mold from freezer. Divide crushed pineapple mixture between molds then gently add popsicle sticks to center of each mold. Return to freezer and allow to freeze for at least another 6 hours or overnight.
- To remove popsicles from molds, run mold under warm water for 20 seconds then gently pull (or push - if you have a silicone mold) out.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.