Pineapple Right Side Up Cake
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice. Set both aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix reserved juice, milk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla. Stir well.
- Add wet to the dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened.
- Spoon into a greased 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Top with the pineapple and the brown sugar.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.