Pineapple Sunshine Cake
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Pineapple Whipped Cream Frosting
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple, drained well
- Fresh pineapple wedges
- Maraschino cherries
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9 x 13-inch dish with nonstick baking spray. Set aside.
- Beat pineapple, sour cream, and sugar until mixed. Add eggs and vanilla and beat again.
- Slowly beat flour, baking soda, salt, and spices into mixture until batter forms. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean. Remove and cool completely.
- Place metal bowl and wire whisk attachment in freezer for 10 minutes. Remove and beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Beat butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until creamy.
- Add powdered sugar and drained pineapple and mix again.
- Fold whipped cream into mixture until light and fluffy. Spread on cooled cake.
- Top with fresh pineapple slices and maraschino cherries before serving, if desired. Keep refrigerated.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jocelyn Brubaker @InsideBruCrewLife.