Pink Champagne Cupcakes
- 1 box (16.25 oz) white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups sparkling rosé (pink champagne)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pink Champagne Frosting
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 5 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons sparkling rosé (pink champagne)
- Pink gel food coloring, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cupcake tins with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together white cake mix and sparkling rosé champagne until well combined.
- Add vegetable oil, egg whites and vanilla extract, whisking until batter is smooth.
- Fill prepared cupcake tins 3/4 full with batter. Bake for 16-18 minutes, until the edges of cupcakes are very lightly golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- While cupcakes cool, make the frosting. In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat butter and 3 cups of powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract, 3 tablespoons of sparkling rosé champagne and remaining 2 cups powdered sugar. Beat until well combined.
- Test texture and taste of icing. If too stiff, add a little extra sparkling rosé champagne. If icing is too soft, you can add another 1/2 cup powdered sugar if needed. Once you reach desired icing texture, add a couple drops of pink gel food coloring and beat until color is well distributed.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and serve! Enjoy fresh or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Cupcakes do not need to be refrigerated.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.