Pistachio Rose Cupcakes
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour*
- 1 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup pistachios, chopped in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 stick (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, very soft
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- Rose flavor as desired
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 360°F. Place 18 cupcake liners into a cupcake or muffin tin. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, milk, and almond extract and whisk smooth. Set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients mix flour, sugar, pistachio pieces, baking powder, salt, and butter.
- Using a paddle attachment mix until mixture looks like moist sand and only small butter pieces are visible.
- Add half of mixed liquid ingredients and mix until smooth. Scrape bowl and add remaining liquid ingredients. Mix just until smooth. Do not overmix.
- Fill cupcakes liners 3/4 full and place in oven. Bake until center of cupcakes bounce back when lightly pressed with a finger, about 16-18 minutes.
- For frosting, mix butter with paddle attachment until light and creamy. Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy. If butter was too cold, use a hair dryer to heat the bowl while it is mixing.
- Add two tablespoons of evaporated milk to creamed mixture. Keep beating and once it looks smooth again, add another couple of tablespoons. Repeat process of gradually adding milk while beating well in between. Add desired amount of rose flavor. If frosting is not fluffy, heat bowl further while beating.
- Frost cupcakes or pipe frosting with a piping bag fitted with a large pastry tip.
- Sprinkle edges with chopped pistachios and decorate with edible rose petals.