- 18 cups water
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 3 apples, diced
- 3 pears, diced
- 1 cup raisins
- Garnish: sliced apples, sliced pears, and cinnamon sticks
- Brandy or tequila reposado, optional
- Place water, dark brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, and dried hibiscus leaves in a stockpot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and stir until all sugar is dissolved.
- With a slotted spoon remove hibiscus leaves. Add apples, pears, and raisins. Simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve warm garnished with apples, pear, and cinnamon sticks.
- To spike: Add 1/2 ounce brandy or tequila reposado to each mug, stir.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Vianney Rodriguez @sweetlifebake.com