Praline Banana Nut Bread
Banana Nut Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ripe mashed banana (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup pecan, chopped
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with mashed bananas, beating well after each addition. Fold in pecans. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Make praline sauce by melting butter and sugar over medium-high heat. Boil for one minute.
- Spoon small amounts of glaze over bread and sprinkle with pecans. Repeat multiple times until all sauce and pecans are used. Let cool completely.
This recipe was shared with us by Sweetalk member Regina McFarland, and it won First Place in the Favorite Quick Bread category at the 2019 Louisiana State Fair!