- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Optional: 1 bag (5-6 oz.) pecans halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugars, half and half and butter. Using a heat resistant or wood spatula stir mixture to 230°F.
- At 230°F add remaining ingredients and stir to 237°F. Remove from heat and let mixture cool undisturbed and uncovered to 212°F.
- At 212°F stir mixture for a few seconds and drop by tablespoon-sized portions on wax paper or on a silicone baking mat. Let harden.
Dixie Crystals Insight
- To make good pralines, a candy or a digital kitchen thermometer is essential.
- If the mixture firms or becomes crystallized before it was dropped, reheat the mixture with a few drops of water. Let cool slightly and drop on wax paper.
These Pralines came out sooo delicious, they didn't last on my dessert platter! Thank you, Imperial Sugar!
me gustan los dulces creo que estos estan muy buenos