- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugars, half and half and butter. Using a heat resistant or wood spatula stir mixture to 230°F.
- At 230°F add remaining ingredients and stir to 237°F. Remove from heat and let mixture cool undisturbed and uncovered to 212°F.
- At 212°F stir mixture for a few seconds and drop by tablespoon-sized portions on wax paper or on a silicone baking mat. Let harden.
- To make good pralines, a candy or a digital kitchen thermometer is essential.
- If the mixture firms or becomes crystallized before it was dropped, reheat the mixture with a few drops of water. Let cool slightly and drop on wax paper.