Prosecco Almond Cookies
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, very soft
- 2/3 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon, no white bitter pith
- 3 cups almond flour*
- 1 cup Prosecco
- 1 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Prosecco reduction
- 1 tablespoon Prosecco reduction
- 7/8 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix soft butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add salt, vanilla, and lemon zest. Combine well. Add almond flour and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Shape batter into 2 tablespoons spheres and place on parchment lined cookie sheets. Using bottom of a glass, press cookies 1/5-inch thick.
- Place in oven and bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are light golden.
- For Prosecco cream, place Prosecco in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer until reduced to 1/4 cup. Set aside to cool.
- Mix butter until light and creamy. Add powdered sugar and mix until fluffy. Add one tablespoon Prosecco reduction at a time creaming well between additions. If mixture becomes too cold and is consequently firm or curdled looking, heat sides of bowl using a hair dryer.
- Fill cookies with Prosecco cream.
- For glaze combine Prosecco and powdered sugar and drizzle glaze onto cookies. Alternatively pour glaze in piping bag with a tiny plain tube and decorate as desired.
- Once glaze has firmed, place a spatula on center of cookies and sprinkle edges with powdered sugar.