Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin tins with paper cups or coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place softened cream cheese, egg, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree and flour in the bowl of a stand mix. Using the paddle attachment OR use a hand mixer, beat mixture until light and fluffy. (NOTE: Mixture may curdle at first, but it will come together if you continue beating.) Stir in chocolate chips and set aside while making muffin batter.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in center and add almond milk, oil, and vanilla. Stir together until well blended.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full with batter and top with 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over tops of muffins.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on wire rack. Can be served warm or at room temperature.
Recipe created by April Golightly @AprilGolightly.com. Recipe shared with permission.