Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Place flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar until creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in egg, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- Mix in dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of cookie dough on prepared baking sheet. Place about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges start to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Heather Seeley @FoodLovinFamily.