Pumpkin Cranberry Cake Doughnuts
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup well packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar or Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- Zest of 1 orange (no white bitter pith)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 shaker Dixie Crystals Cinnamon Sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour or prepare two doughnut pans with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger; set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients whip oil and eggs until well combined. Add brown sugar and salt and mix until very well blended.
- Add pumpkin puree and orange zest and once combined add dry ingredients. Mix just until combined.
- Scoop batter about 3/4 full into the prepared pans.
- Cut larger cranberries in half and scatter several cranberries onto doughnuts. (If mixing cranberries into batter you risk cranberries sticking to pan.)
- Place in oven and bake for 20-22 minutes or until doughnuts bounce back when lightly pressed with a finger.
- Unmold and top with cinnamon sugar.