Pumpkin French Toast Casserole
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8-10 cups cubed bread*
- Fresh whipped cream, caramel sauce, maple syrup for topping
- In a very large bowl: whisk together pumpkin, eggs, cream, milk, sugar, brown sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add cubed bread and mix until all of bread is coated. (Texture will vary depending on how much bread is added to mixture. Use a little less bread to make a bread pudding. More bread will taste more like French toast.)
- Cover and let chill for at least 30 minutes to allow bread to soak up custard.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9X13-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350ºF for 60 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Top with maple syrup, caramel sauce, or whipped cream.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Ashton Swank @somethingswanky.