- Combine powdered sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl and set aside.
- Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with parchment paper, spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray and dust with the cornstarch/powdered sugar mixture.
- Place 1/2 cup of cold water in a stand mixer with the gelatin. Allow gelatin dissolve for at least 5 minutes.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup of water, corn syrup, and sugar in a medium pot and stir until dissolved. Heat on medium high heat until it reaches 240 degrees on a candy thermometer, or about 7-8 minutes.
- While sugar is cooking, combine pumpkin puree with pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract.
- When it has reached the desired temperature, pour the sugar mixture over the gelatin, mix on low until combined, and then add the pumpkin mixture. Once combined, mix on high for 12-15 minutes, until mix is stiff and shiny.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth top, then dust with cornstarch/powdered sugar mixture and let set uncovered overnight and then cut into small marshmallows.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.