Pumpkin Pie Parfaits with Coconut Cream
Pumpkin Pie Filling
Whipped Coconut Cream
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Crushed gingersnap cookies (about 20)
- Place metal mixing bowl in freezer for 5 minutes. Place rum in heat-proof bowl and sprinkle gelatin on top. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow gelatin to soften.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Set bowl of gelatin over a pan of simmering water and cook until gelatin is clear, stirring often. Immediately whisk hot gelatin mixture into pumpkin mixture.
- Prepare whipped coconut cream (note, cans of coconut milk must be refrigerated overnight): Remove mixing bowl from freezer. Gently remove each can from refrigerator and turn it upside down. Open can from bottom and carefully pour out liquid so that only solid cream remains in can. (Liquid may be reserved for another use, such as smoothies.) Scoop solid cream into mixing bowl, then with a whisk attachment, beat on medium-high speed until thick and creamy and small peaks form. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Fold half of whipped coconut cream into pumpkin mixture, reserving remaining cream for layering and serving.
- Assemble parfaits: For each parfait, place a layer of crushed gingersnaps in bottom of a serving glass. Place a few spoonfuls of pumpkin mixture on top, add a layer of coconut cream, then sprinkle with additional crushed gingersnaps. Continue layering, ending with pumpkin. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. To serve, top each glass with whipped coconut cream and crushed gingersnaps.
- Leftover parfaits will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The cookies will soften, but the parfaits will still be delicious.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Clarke @WellPlated.