Pumpkin Roll Cupcakes
- 2 cups + 1/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup well packed Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour 24 cupcake cups or line with paper cups and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and spices and set aside.
- Beat oil and sugars until combined and add one egg. When well mixed in add remaining eggs one at a time waiting for previous added egg to be fully incorporated before adding next. Add pumpkin. Add salt and vanilla extract.
- In one step, add dry ingredients and mix briefly until just combined. Fill cupcake tins evenly 3/4 full and place in oven.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until center of cupcakes bounce back when lightly pressed or an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and remove from pans.
- Fit a medium piping tip in a piping bag and push pastry tip into middle of cupcakes. Pipe a good-size amount right inside cupcakes.
- Pipe additional cream cheese into a spiral pattern on surface of cupcakes and serve.