Pumpkin Spice Pound Cake with Orange Glaze
Pumpkin Pound Cake
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2/3 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan or bundt pan. Set aside.
- Sift together all dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add granulated sugar and mix further. Add eggs one at a time waiting for previously added egg to be fully incorporated before adding next. Scrape bowl often. Whip until mixture is very light and fluffy. Mix in pumpkin puree, batter may curdle but do not be concerned.
- Add dry ingredients in 3 increments alternating with orange juice and mix until just combined.
- Scrape batter into the prepared pan. Place in oven and lower heat to 350°F. After being in oven for 45 minutes drape a sheet of buttered aluminum foil gently on surface of pound cake. (Keeps cake from browning too much.)
- Bake until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or an inserted toothpick comes out clean**. About 1 hour and 15-20 minutes. Let sit in pan for 10 minutes before removing.
- Whisk together orange juice and powdered sugar and drizzle on cake.
Dixie Crystals Insight
**Ovens vary in temperature and loaf pan sizes as well, therefore when baking pound cakes, trust your baking instinct rather than time.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments