Quinoa Cranberry Cashew Clusters
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 4 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon nut butter (such as peanut or almond)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup chopped cashew nuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place quinoa in a blender or food processor and blend until quinoa seeds have been broken up and it feels like coarse corn meal.
- Add oats and pulse blender to break up oats into small pieces. Add cinnamon and set aside.
- Bring sugar and water to a boil and pour in a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients.
- Add salt, oil, vanilla extract, nut butter, pumpkin seeds, cashew nuts, and dried cranberries.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Press tablespoon amounts together into clusters and place on parchment lined or nonstick cookie sheets. If the mixture does not hold together, add a few sprinkles of water.
- Place in oven and bake until crisp. Start checking the oven after 10 minutes as you will have smaller and larger cluster pieces.
- You can always return these back to the oven to increase the crispness.