Raspberry and Cream Push Up Pops
- 2 cups cake flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 8 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 1 pint fresh or frozen raspberries (use fresh raspberries to decorate)
- Crème Chantilly
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- reheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour two 8 inch baking pans and set aside. (Fitting a round piece of parchment paper on bottom of baking pan is recommended for easy removal of cake)
- Sift together flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Mix butter until very creamy and smooth. Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add one egg yolk at a time and mix at least 30 seconds between each.
- Add salt, vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- Add one third of flour and mix until combined. Add half of buttermilk and mix until smooth. Add another one third of flour and mix smooth. Add remaining buttermilk and once combined add remaining flour.
- Divide batter into pans and place in oven and bake for 25-28 minutes until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or until an inserted toothpick comes clean.
- After 5 minutes turn upside down on plastic food lined surface and allow to cool.
- Wrap one of the cakes tightly and place in freezer for later use. Using a serrated knife cut away the sticky surface of the remaining cake.
- Cut cake horizontally in half. Using a round cutter with same dimensions as the interior of the pop molds, cut 24 circles. (if you do not have a round cutter use the pop mold itself to cut circles)
- Place a cake circle on bottom of each pop and place pops in glasses to keep them stable and upright. Drop a tablespoon of raspberry jam in each. Add 1-2 fresh raspberries or 1-2 frozen raspberries on top.
- Cover with a tablespoon of Crème Chantilly followed by a slice of cake. Add another tablespoon of jam and a few raspberries.
- Top with Crème Chantilly and a fresh raspberry.
Dixie Crystals Insight
This image shows our Black Forest Cake Push Up Pop.