Raspberry Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 large bananas mashed (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries (cut into smaller pieces if berries are large)
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a standard 8 x 4-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla until well combined. Mix in bananas.
- Add flour mixture and mix just until blended.
- Mix in pecans.
- Gently fold in raspberries taking care not to crush berries.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake on center rack for 45-55 minutes until set in the middle and browned, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. If top begins to get too brown, tent with aluminum foil. Do not overbake.
- Let rest in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.