Raspberry Chambord Brownies
- 9 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam (with or without seeds)
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chambord (black raspberry liqueur)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) butter, room temperature
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with nonstick foil or line with regular foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl, stopping to stir at 30 second increments till smooth. Stir in vanilla and jam.
- Whip eggs in bowl of stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment for about a minute. With the mixer on high speed, slowly add sugar and beat for 10 minutes.
- Combine flour and salt and place in a sifter. Fold flour and salt into egg batter with a rubber spatula, in four additions. Fold in chocolate.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared pan. Bake on center rack in the oven for approximately 45-50 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into center of brownies comes out almost clean. Do not overbake.
- Cool brownies before icing.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave, stopping and stirring every 30 seconds till smooth. Let chocolate cool.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Mix in vanilla followed by sugar and melted chocolate. Spread icing evenly over the brownies. Chill before cutting, but serve at room temperature.