Raspberry Cheesecake Swedish Tea Ring
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg +1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temp (still pourable)
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 1/2 teaspoons yeast (1 packet)
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- Dixie Crystals Cinnamon Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, 1 egg yolk and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine milk, sour cream, granulated sugar, 1 egg, 1 egg yolk, unsalted butter, flour, yeast, cardamom, and sea salt. Knead until smooth and still a soft dough.
- Place dough in large bowl, cover and allow to rise to double its size. (About an hour.)
- Once dough has risen, on a lightly floured surface, roll into a 12 inch by 18 inch rectangle. Spread cream cheese mixture over all but the top 1/2 inch of the long side of the dough and both of the short sides.
- Cover the cream cheese mixture with the raspberries and roll into an 18-inch roll.
- Place onto a large, well-greased or parchment covered cookie sheet and curve into a ring. Pinch ends together to seal ring.
- With sharp scissors, every 2-inches cut 2/3 of the way into the outside of the ring. Allow to rise another 30 minutes or so. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon and sugar.
- While it is rising, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool on wire rack before serving. Store in the refrigerator.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.