Raspberry Chocolate Ganache Macarons
Raspberry Chocolate Ganache
- 1 bag (12 ounces) frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 bag (12 ounces) good quality chocolate chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Macarons are best baked on silicone baking mats but parchment paper will also work. Either set aside 2-3 cookie sheets lined with silicone baking mats or lined with parchment paper.
- Fit a pastry bag with a 1/2 inch (Ateco 806) plain round pastry tip and set aside.
- Combine almond flour/meal, powdered sugar, and salt in a food processor and mix until almond flour feels very fine. Set aside.
- In a bowl whip egg whites and granulated sugar to very stiff peaks.
- Stop whipping and immediately add food color and almond meal mixture. Using a rubber spatula mix until batter is smooth but do not over mix to avoid making batter too runny. Batter should appear like thick pancake batter.
- Fill pastry bag with filling and pipe quarter size and dome shaped mounds onto prepared sheets about 1-inch apart. Macarons will spread a little just after piping.
- Allow macarons to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before placing in oven. However, if you notice that macarons are still spreading and not holding their shape place immediately in oven.
- Bake for about 17 minutes or until you can lift one up from baking sheet without tearing it apart. If you see golden or light brown color develop on surface they are completely done.
- Allow to cool on sheets they were baked on.
- Meanwhile make ganache: Defrost raspberries and puree until very smooth. Run through a sieve to obtain exactly one cup. Pour in a saucepan and add sugar. Bring to a full boil.
- Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate chips. Place in a bowl of ice for quick setting.
- Flip half of macarons upside down and fill with raspberry chocolate ganache using same size pastry tip. Sandwich macaron and place in a refrigerator.
Dixie Crystals Insight
- Obtaining a perfect shiny and smooth surface at the first time of making these darling cookies may be a challenge. However, even if the outcome is not picture perfect they still will impress your friends. Make them a couple of times and you will master these before you know it! Chef Eddy highly recommends using a scale for optimum results.
- For more macaron tips, read Chef Eddy's Tips for the Perfect French Macaron.