Raspberry Crinkle Cookies
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon raspberry extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1.3-1.5 ounce bag freeze dried raspberries
- Few drops red food color in gel (optional)
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- Mix soft butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add one egg and mix until completely mixed in. Add remaining egg, salt, and raspberry extract. Mix until fluffy.
- Sift together flour and baking powder and add in one step to above. Mix until just combined.
- Measure 1 cup of freeze-dried raspberries and crush into powder using a rolling pin. Mix into batter. Remaining raspberries can be roughly chopped and added to batter as well. Add food color if desired.
- Scoop into generous tablespoon amounts and roll into a ball. If dough is too soft to handle, place it in a refrigerator for about 30 minutes or overnight.
- Roll dough balls into powdered sugar.
- Place on parchment lined or buttered cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart as cookies will spread in oven.
- Bake for approximately 9 minutes.
- Move to a wire rack to cool. Store at room temperature in airtight container for up to 3 days.