Raspberry Pomegranate Gumdrops
- Soak 2 cups of frozen raspberries in 1/3 pomegranate juice and lemon juice until raspberries have thawed. (about 2-4 hours)
- Pour through a sieve into a clean bowl and press so that raspberries release their juices.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with tinfoil as neatly as you can and very lightly oil. (You can do it without oil it is just not easy to separate the gumdrop from surface.)
- Pour 1/2 cup of juice into large bowl.
- Sprinkle gelatin over juice mixture, stir until completely combined then set aside.
- In a medium pot, combine water, sugar and salt and stir while bringing to a boil. Stop stirring when it begins to boil and keep it at a boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour sugar mixture over the gelatin mixture and stir until it is smooth and all gelatin has dissolved.
- Pour into prepared pan, set aside overnight. Does not need to be refrigerated.
- Now cut into whatever shapes you want and roll in sugar. Let them set for a day or so to really form that gumdrop crust.
Dixie Crystals Insight
These cute and flavorful homemade candies can be cut into a variety of shapes to match any event theme or holiday.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.