Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate graham crackers
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- Cheesecake Filling
- 1 cup good quality raspberry jam
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons raspberry liquor or lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch or all-purpose flour
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, soft at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and first listed sugar and press on the bottom of pan. Place in oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°F.
- Meanwhile press raspberry jam thru a sieve to remove seeds. Set aside.
- On low speed mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth and no lumps remain. Add one egg and mix on low speed until mixture is lump free. Repeat with remaining eggs, scraping well between additions.
- Add sour cream, liquor and vanilla and mix in. Add flour until mixture is lump free.
- Pour half of cheese mixture in springform pan. Using a spoon, gently drizzle half of raspberry jam onto cheese mixture. Carefully top with remaining cheese batter. Drop small amounts of remaining raspberry jam onto cheese batter. Use a knife to swirl jam into batter.
- Place in oven and bake about 65-75 minutes. To check for doneness, shake the pan gently. It is done when the center no longer trembles.
- Place cheesecake at least 4 hours in refrigerator before cutting. Decorate with raspberries.
TIP: Cheesecakes cook from the outside in. To check for doneness, shake the pan gently. When the center no longer trembles your cheesecake should be ready.