Red, White and Blueberry Ice Cream Cake
- 2 pints strawberry or raspberry sorbet
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 teaspoon water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap with overhang on each side.
- Let one pint of strawberry sorbet sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Remove to a bowl and stir until smooth. Spread into bottom of prepared pan. Freeze for at least 1 hour. Repeat with vanilla ice cream and again with second container of sorbet. Press plastic overhang onto final layer and freeze until completely set, about 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, place blueberries, sugar, and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan. Heat over medium until boiling. Reduce heat to a low boil/constant simmer and cook, stirring, for 15 minutes. Combine cornstarch and remaining water in a small bowl. Slowly stir into simmering blueberry mixture. Continue to cook for 5 minutes more, or until thickened.
- Remove pan from heat and let cool. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate until needed.
- To serve, lift ice cream cake out of pan. Spoon blueberry sauce over the top. Slice and serve. For easiest cutting, run a large knife under hot water. Dry the knife and slice.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.